· The yard’s north well is in good condition, but the coal house towards the west wall is old and too small for the necessary amount of coal.
· The number of prisoners in the prison is currently forty-four and increasing rapidly, making updates necessary.
· To accommodate the growing number of prisoners, the workhouse will need to be extended westward and the old coal house removed.
· The overseers recommend extending the south wall of the workhouse to the west wall of the yard and covering the enclosed space to create additional room for the workhouse and a new coal house.
· An appropriation of $500 is requested to carry out these changes.