Hosting is an essential part of the podcasting process. It pushes uploaded podcast content from a device to various content delivery sites such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and YouTube. Hosting is essential to “publish” your podcast content.
Explore your options:
You can find a regularly updated list of podcast hosts here
Anchor.FM is a great free option for podcasters just starting out.
- Just like the voice memo app on your phone, but with a full editing suite.
- Allows you to record and edit a file, then share it via email, dropbox, etc.
- Includes a suite of sound effects to use as transitions, etc.
- Owned by Spotify, so users can draw on their library of songs and audio for their projects.
- Offers hosting: This means you can record and edit audio within Anchor’s dashboard and either download your work to keep it private or push it out to popular podcatchers (Apple Podcast, Spotify, etc.)